maj

maj

March 11, 2015

Absolut park, see you soon!



Me with Luka Plevnik and Marko Bauman

I woke up on Friday expecting a lot of new snow, but when i looked through the window i realized that we got just around 10cm of new snow, but me and Žiga went to Zauchensee and it was a really nice surprise when we came to the top of the mountain and saw about 40 centimeters of new snow. For the first time this year i was on my powder skis made by Sense, but it was a prototype and unfortunately i didn't took it as easy as i should cause the skis are super light and i broke one ski, so i was forced to change them for my elan puzzle tbt's. Of curse i jumped over every cliff with them and once when i fell i broke my gopro mount. Right after that i found two lines of the day. We found some nice lines at the end of the day and for the next time we know exactly where to go first. However, it was one of the best powder days in my life.

Looking back 

From the top

My point of view on friday

On Saturday me and Nik went to Freestyle Jam Kope, which was organized very well and had a great vibe so i hope that more events in Slovenia will be like that. The organizators decided to make this jam without judges, so we had "rider judge rider" method of assessment and i thougt that me and Nik don't stand a chance against the locals, but surprisingly all riders judged objectively and it was great. Nik was third, local boy Damijan Gobec made it on the second place and i took the win. After that i thought that it's the end, but they had two more awards "best fail" and "best run". Luka Plevnik got an award for best fail and i got a cup and an award for the best run.

Sw 180 
On Sunday we came back to the Absolut park, due to some problems on our way we came to the slope pretty late, so i just got used to the new perfectly shaped kickers for spring battle. Monday went through fast and Tuesday came to quick. Those two months in Flachauwinkl ended so damn quick, i still can't believe it's over. However, tuesday was our last day of those two months in Absolut park, and for me it was a good one, cause i did a lot of new tricks, i did a sw 1080 for the first time and i think that now i know that you should never go for the last run, cause in this last run a lot of things can happens. For the last run i went to step down rail with close out and i wanted to do a blind 270 off with nose tapping the close out, but i fell off the rail only a bit to fast and consequently close out bounced me backwards on my back/neck and when i landed i hit the snow with my head pretty hard, but luckly i'm allright now.



I'll miss everyday shreding in Absolut Park

 But I'll be back soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment